Monday, March 02, 2009

Why I hate to blog....

As requested, I am posting new pictures of the house and babies. Of course I have already messed it up, because three of the pictures are sideways. Why is this so hard?
Babies at good ole Kroger...like a free field trip on a rainy day. They are so cute!!
Apparently it's the law to have a Port-a-potty in the yard when you renovate a house like ours. It is a great way to potty train, cause it is just so darn interesting to them.

The front porch (side ways) see the cut out above the front door? I wanna put a stained glass window that says something along the lines of "welcome to holly hill". That is what the land and home were called way back in the day before they had "real" addresses. I have to come up with a color to paint the addition. Any suggestions?? Maybe white to match my red front door??


Mads helping Jack use the facilities in the yard.



Mads went to the dentist and had three cavities!!! Apparently she chewed on her lips and gum while her mouth was numb. It was shockingly swollen and still is four days later. Thankfully , no one has called DFCAS.





So, the second level with the three windows is bare. Shutters wont fit, so I was thinking of putting up old timey casings around each window. I need a decorator, is what I need. However, I am too poor, so i am counting on friends to help :)




Stephen's other wife. The tractor.







Entrance from the living room to the kitchen....still have a ways to go.






My sister, me and Stephen...Isn't she pretty!!









Before the siding....It is coming along. I have stopped guessing when the move in date is cause it just keeps getting pushed back.
As for us, we are all great. Stephen is still with Atlanta FD, still getting furlowed, so I put on my big girl panties, and went back to work full time at Kennestone. I dont even whine about it, cause i know i wont have to work forever, (I think). Our babies are wild. Madeline is learning all sorts of good stuff at school. Takes gymnastics on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She is quite the little gymnast!!! Jackson is a wild animal. He is 19 months and thinks he is ten. Rotten as they come.
We are happy folks over here on Allgood Road. We have a great marriage, happy healthy young-ins. A big ole house to fill with more babies, eventually. Jobs, Security. Clean water. Food on the table. And our house is filled with laughter! And crying ;)
We continue to thank God everyday, and pray that we are doing what his plan is for us. I have stopped trying to "guess" what God's plan is for me. Instead I am waking up every morning with a good attitude, a smile and a willingness to listen to where He guide's us and follow as best I can.
I am seriously gonna update more. The picture may be sideways. But that is better than nothin!!
Till next time......Hugs.








4 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Wow! I'm not sure which is more impressive - the house or how big your kids are getting!

Thanks for the pictures, Beth. Sideways, upside down, I don't care :)

Glenn and Cile said...

Like Kari, I appreciate the pictures any way we can get them! The house looks great. You and Stephen have done a great job!

The kids are getting so big. My heart went out to Mads with the swollen lip. That had to hurt once the numbness wore off!

Let us know what your summer plans are. Still praying for you!

Abby said...

Poor Mad!

I loved the update - sideways pictures are definitely better than no pictures at all!!

:-)

Kate Borders said...

Way to go Beth - excellent post. The house looks FANTASTIC and sounds like you guys are doing so well!! Keep them coming! Love you, Kate