Friday, August 03, 2007

Dear Madeline,




Today is Friday, August 3rd, 2007. I have just put you to bed and am settling down to write you this letter. I had your baby brother, Jackson last week and wanted you to know how very proud I am of the big sister you have become. When we first came home, you were a bit concerned as to what exactly was going on. But, you adjusted well and are in love with him now.You love to help feed and bathe him. You give him hugs and kisses all day long, and are doing well learning to be more gentle.
Madeline, I want you to know that although things have changed so very much at home, I love you even more after having Jackson. When I came home from the hospital, it seemed as though you had grown a foot taller! I feel like, in your own little way, you questioned where you belonged. You belong here, with us! You are my sweet baby Madeline! The past two and half years of my life have been the best years of my life. You have been such a joy to me.Your smile melts my heart, even when you are in trouble. Which explains why you are spoiled rotten!

I remember the first time you smiled. You were five weeks old, and I was rocking you. Talk about falling in love!!! I was in love with you even before I met you! You have such a great smile.
I know you cannot understand this, (or read for that matter!), and probably will not fully understand the love I have for you, until you have your own babies, I just always want you to know how very much I love you. I am so thankful to God everyday for you. I am so proud of the person you are becoming. You are very sweet and kind hearted. When you say your prayers at night, it takes FOREVER, because you have to pray for everyone you know. I hope you always do that!

I love you Madeline Borders. Thank you for making my life so perfect.

Love,
Mommy




3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Am formally requesting a family photo in order to update my Friends & Fam page.

Sincerely,

Favorite cousin named Kari

Unknown said...

Very sweet post - thanks so much for writing it.

Love you,
Kate

Anonymous said...

Beth, your family is soooo precious. I enjoyed spending time with you all last month, among all the chaos you still made time for an old friend. It was as if nothing ever changed although everything has changed!! You still crack me up and it makes miss the old times, the good times, when life was so much simpler. I miss you and can't wait to see you guys again soon. Hopefully in less than 10 years this time. Take care of that beautiful family and God Bless!