Monday, September 15, 2008

It has begun!

After months of painstaking moving and planning, we have our building permit. We have also scheduled the closing on the construction loan. The mason has been working for about a week on the existing crumbling brick work. I have been taking bids from everything from the sewer, to the grading, and the materials needed to build the addition. It finally feels like progress.
With all the rapid development I have been forced to organize. I now own a day planner complete with monthly and weekly tabs to keep me from overbooking. I think there is more paperwork than sweat.





I have transitioned from Carharts, a tee shirt, and pry bar in my hands, to a pair of khakis, a polo shirt, and a stack of papers. Not to worry though, I 'm sure I will get to do my share of labor.

5 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Wow! How exciting. Thanks for keeping us updates. It means a lot to me. (And it's always all about me, right?)

Senegal Daily said...

PS - Requesting some pictures of Mads and Jackson next time.

Kate Borders said...

So wait - who got the planner - Stephen?? I'm impressed!! Can't wait to see pics...especially of the mason work!

Love you guys,
Kate & Chris

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pictures and updates. It was good to see the kids and what is going on at the house. I am sure it will be a challenge, but regular updates will help you have a good history for your family as well.
See you soon,
Glenn and Cile

Anonymous said...

We promise, as you well know, the Carharts will return. Love your planner. Feel like your brain is on paper now?

Much love
Mother and Dad