Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hands

Since moving in the "generations" house, I have not seen my family as often as I used to. I miss having my family over to my home for dinners and such and miss entertaining in my own home. My mother is also travel nursing in Illinois currently, so yet another reason I have not seen her. Last week, I was really "home sick". I was sitting in church and my ADD was in full swing. I was watching the family in front of us, and it reminded me of my mother and siblings back in the day. The mother gave the two kids gum from her purse. I closed my eyes and could literally smell the bubblegum flavored care free gum my mother would give us out of her purse while sitting in a pew. I closed my eyes and could see her hands. Strong, tired, comforting, arthritic hands, with a small gold pinkie ring. My dad's....Strong, well manicured...dry in the winter. Funny how you can close your eyes, remember a smell and visualize someone's hands. Very Comforting!!
Fat baby hands
Mom made a corsage and centerpiece for a shower I threw lastweek..she can still do amazing things with these hands.
These hands drink some serious lemon-lime soda!!
These hands always want my babies!!
Borders boys
He likes to hold Daddy's handsFour GenerationsMy sweeties
Mom and Pa reading Kari's letter
He thinks he can walk!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post - thanks!! I get you on feeling homesick...here's a big hug via the internet...* H U G *

Love you!
Kate

Senegal Daily said...

Geez Beth. Your post is making me get all choked up at work. My tough image will be blown. :)

Thank you so much for this post. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful update for our hearts (more valuable than news). If you get a chance, remind Sarah and Chad and Beck and Darden that the internet is still up and running despite their lack of input.
Give everyone a hug for me,
Glenn