Friday, December 14, 2007

Santa.....we Believe!!!!!!

I have always assumed when God wanted my attention or wanted to lead me in a certain direction, or change my life, that there would be loud, bright firecrackers.....or a loud booming voice from the Heavens chanting, "renovate the house" or "you are fine....move to Marietta!" Unfortunately that is not how he works. I figured this Christmas season I would arouse from sleep in the middle of the night to a peace filled house, because that is where HE led me. I was wrong. Babies cry......babies get sick......even in God's great plans.God is always speaking. I am the one who is hard of hearing. God is patient......always waiting for me to believe in something I cannot see, feel or hear. I am forever impatient......waiting to be convinced. I always need more.....my sweet smiling babies who reach and long for me.....not enough......a great big house to live in......not enough. I will never see the firecracker's I envision from him, and crave.....at least not until my day. We believe in the Jolliness (if that is a word) of Santa......he comes down the chimney......Mads says..."he best be careful!!!" We believe that!!! I believe in God's forever undying arms that continue to wrap around me. I need MORE!!!! Why?
I am being still........like you say......I am happy, I am impatient.....I am still.

I hold these sweet babies......look out the window.....see beautiful leaves.....like I have never seen......I am still......happy.......longing for your realness I cannot touch........I still believe.


Thank you......for them.......for this......for patience......health......a new year......For your Son...Thank You.



God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.
God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
Be still and know that I am God: I will be exhalted among the heavens, I will be exalted in the earth.
This holiday season, I will try to be still.....I do believe.....I am SOOO incredibly happy and grateful for Him.....for the birth of that sweet sweet baby in the manger......and for my life.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update and for the thoughtful, honest post. I will echo your cries of struggle and in the midst of it being oh so very grateful for Christ and His grace, His gift - the redemption that He gives so we can be children of the King - a true reason to celebrate!

Love you and can't wait to see you,
Kate

Senegal Daily said...

Dear Beth

I just re-looked at this post and noticed your hair in that 2nd picture. It looks great! Very cute cut and color.

III is laughing at me for leaving this comment after Kate's. :)